Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Gearing Up to Go

I'm getting excited about Sacramento/San Francisco, but I have tons of work both at work and in the apartment before I leave on Friday.

I found out yesterday that starting in August I'll be teaching Kindergarten! I've known for a few weeks now that I got the fellowship I applied for, but was waiting to hear about my placement. I'm excited! My mentor seems pretty cool too. I'm ready to be on my feet all day. It will be exhausting I know, but sitting at desk all day has never really been my thing. It will be like camp! Only at the end of the day I can say "bye children!" and go home to my lovely apartment without them. Ahh so nice. But it's cool - being kindergarten, it won't be lecture based at all, so while they have super high energy, it will kind of be like playing all day. YEAH! Goodbye, cubicle.

I almost bought an impulse couch yesterday. It was kind of what I wanted, but only cost $200! Considering I only have $200 saved for a couch, it was going to be perfect...but unfortunately, the guy in line in front of me bought it. Close, but no cigar. The one I've been saving for is $399, which already is a sweet price for a couch, but I was looking forward to not having to spend what little money I currently have. I'll keep looking, maybe I'll find another sale like yesterday. So we'll see what happens.

Here's the couch I almost bought. It was a little big though for what I was looking for:



Anyhoo - gotta get working on my presentation for San Francisco. I haven't procrastinated this much since college, haha. :-)

1 comment:

Cherie said...

Hey, Jamie.

Thanks for following my blog! Sorry it took me so long to update my template and add the feature which is why I only just found out who was following me. :P Anyway, are you moving to Sacramento? You mentioned it, but I wasn't sure if you were moving or just visiting. Either way, let me know if you're in Sacramento sometime after July 5th. If so I might be able to say hello as I live there now. It'd be good to see another Denisonian again. :)