That's what my life has become! So sad. I go to work, then come home and am too exhausted to do much of anything. I'm super on a budget for the next couple months so I don't feel like I can afford to buy anything other than gas (which I spend a lot on since I have to drive 20 miles each way to work). I'm looking forward to teaching though because although I'll probably end up getting less sleep, during the day I'll be walking around, playing with kindergarteners, and *gasp!* get to be out in the sun! It will do much more for my quality of life than sitting at desk in front of a computer all day.
I need to post photos of my (somewhat) completed apartment up here, but I don't have internet in my apartment yet and that's the computer where all the photos are. I'll post them eventually. Still waiting on that couch though to really make it feel like home (right now I have a BigLots rocking chair and a Coleman soccer mom chair. Classy. I've decided my bedroom is looking more and more like my dorm room by the day. In my quest to have an "adult" apartment, I've put all the stuff I really like but isn't "adult" enough to be seen to the general public in my bedroom. I guess it's not so bad, but I'm not sure the gigantic Brazilian flag helps. I do love it, though. I freaking love love love my built in bookshelves. Ahhh. Still not enough room for all my books, but ahhh it's so nice to finally have a place for most of them! Here are the bookshelves pre-books (including a cameo of Mom and Alex!)

See, here I go, being boring and talking about domesticity. I need a vacation!! San Francisco and Sacramento was freaking awesome, but definitely not long enough (and I was working most of the time). It was so great to see family, though. Maybe I'll find a weekend in the next month to go to beach. Probably won't happen before school starts, though.
Alex had an amazing time in New Zealand. It's good to have him back, though! His parents are in town this week so I'm looking forward to seeing them later this afternoon.
Here's a penguin I saw at the Ft. Worth Zoo a couple months ago, just so this post isn't completely non-exciting.

Latah.
No comments:
Post a Comment