Sunday, November 9, 2008

Studying in the Library on a Beautiful Evening

I got bored while trying to write a paper last year, so I wrote a poem about my desk in the library instead.

Studying in the Library on a Beautiful Evening: An Ode to my Library Desk

Inspired by Robert Frost’s “Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening”

October 16, 2007



Whose desk this is I think I know.
I’ve sat for far too long here though;
I need to stop to take a break
To watch my Facebook news feed grow.
My little fingers must think it queer
To stop without my paper near
Between the words and many books
It’s the longest writing of the year.
I give my tired hands a shake
They ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of rustling papers and brainy flake.
The night is lovely, dark and deep.
But I have pages yet to keep,
And hours to go before I sleep,
And hours to go before I sleep.